Meeting new people
Unlocking the secret to the art of flirting isn’t as difficult as you may think. It is my intention to help Adults, who are single after divorce or death of a spouse. They may find themselves wondering, “How can I get out there and meet someone new?” Some people are just naturally social creatures. Flirting seems easy for these people. Have you ever heard the expression, “They’ve never met a stranger”? Before I continue, you should know that this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on or purchase one of the products links I’ll receive some compensation which will support my addiction to all things coffee.
Others are not as socially adept. Introverts, Extroverts, and folks who fall somewhere in the middle can learn the art of flirting. It’s not about having the perfect pick up line or knowing where the perfect place is to go to meet people.
Also, I think we sometimes make things harder than they have to be in life. Wouldn’t you agree, answers to questions have been right in front of us all along the way.
It’s more about being open to meeting new people. Meanwhile, I could make you suffer and wait until the end of this post, but I’ll go ahead and share the secret. First, flirting is nothing more than being friendly. In fact, you don’t need cheesy pickup lines or silly tactics to try to get someone’s attention.
Just say “Hello. My name is… “You are?” And you are off and running. Chances are there’s something about the situation you’re both in that will allow you to make small talk.
I am a member of my local YMCA I meet new people there nearly every day. My friends and I have a shared interest in fitness and we exchange ideas about what works for us at the gym. We share information about classes we like, the equipment we use, and the things we love and hate about working out.
Here are some more ideas to get the conversation going:
- What do you do?
- How long have you been doing that?
- What led you to this line of work?
- Tell me about your hobbies
- What’s your favorite food
- Do you like to cook
- Don’t forget to smile
These are a few questions to get you going. Next, you should know an essential part of the conversation is about showing genuine interest, and when you are both engaged in the discussion, the conversation will bloom and come to life.
Meeting new people is about the opportunity. Furthermore, you have the most opportunities when you open yourself up to try new experiences:
- Meeting someone through friends and family is one way to find friendship or begin dating.
- Interestingly, another great way to meet new people is to become a volunteer for a charity or organization you have a heart for helping.
- If you enjoy learning new things, there are classes at your local college and vocational school where you’ll likely meet someone with very similar interests. Photography, painting and culinary classes come to mind.
- Opt for dance classes, ballroom, square dancing, hip-hop or line dancing to hear your favorite music and learn new dance steps.
- Another popular place to consider is golf courses. Not only is golfing great exercise, but it’s also a lovely place to meet people.
- Ladies, here’s an idea, if your interested in any kind of sport such as; basketball, baseball, or football, then going to the game may be just the place to meet the guy that could take your game to the next level.
- Gentlemen, if you enjoy gardening, you might find a local garden club to explore a potential new interest all while learning great tips to improve your gardening skills.
Being Friendly is the key
Being friendly is the key to unlocking the secret to the art of flirting. Say, “Hi, how are you. You look well today.” You can tell if someone seems nice and would like to get to know them better.
Please feel free to join this discussion. You might be able to help someone find love or friendship.
Thank you for stopping by,
I’m Karen with Embracing Aging
Reminding you to Embrace Your Age
- live longer
- be stronger
- get freebies and articles via e-mail
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.